Exciting Technology News
Some very exciting news for the Technology Department this year. We are waiting on the delivery of our very own Augmented Reality (AR) Welder. Toolooa State High would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to the P&C of Toolooa SHS for contributing and amazing $20,000 towards the AR Welding Unit. Without their contribution purchasing this would not be possible. Toolooa as partnered with “Weld Australia” to provide training to our Staff and Students in using this industry relevant technology. The Augmented Reality welder will provide year 10 – 12 students with industry standard training. Our teachers are looking forward to getting their hands on the machine and seeing the benefits in the student outcomes.
Student Outcome Benefits:
- 10 times faster feedback
- 4 times faster training
- Delivers a 68% saving in consumables
- Requires no specialised equipment or infrastructure
- Portable and can be taken to any site to conduct assessment and training
- Can be used for basic training, upskilling or advanced welding procedure training
- On average, will improve results by 34%.